Social Media Manager Job Description
March 1 – June 30, 2021 (4 months with the option to extend or transition to full-time)
The Black Wall Street Times is a news publication that plans to gradually increase its national presence this year. With the support of benevolent Tulsans and national partners, we have hit the ground running since January. 2021 will be a monumental year for our publication as well as for the City of Tulsa due to the Centennial Commemoration of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre. For that reason, we are in search of top tier talent to help in the coming months with the possibility of joining the team full-time in July.
The Social Media Manager will work directly with the Managing Editor and Editor-in-Chief. As we approach the May-June Commemoration and our 2021 marketing plan, The Black Wall Street Times will become one of the nation’s most searched publications. Our ideal Social Media Manager is goal-oriented and a self-starter. They have a strong understanding of Black American issues, and believe in equity and inclusion. It’s the perfect opportunity for the right person to strut their social media talent to the world.
- Reports to the Managing Editor and the Editor-in-Chief.
- Execute the company mission, sticking to the brand’s design and written guidelines.
- Establish and manage an organized content calendar for social posting schedules via Hootsuite or additional content scheduling platforms.
- Manages the company’s various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.)
- Curate content and newsworthy posts for all social media accounts Brainstorm and recommend new campaign ideas.
- Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Provide suggestions for improving the experience for the community on social platforms and for the internal workflow and processes.
- Monitors online activity/comments, engaging with followers as necessary.
- Communicate with writers for story content.
- Occasionally supports editorial team with content updates to the website
Qualifications / Skills:
- Social media marketing experience
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Professional and community-focused
- Can deliver under tight deadlines
- Experience with content creation tools like Canva
- Photoshop / Illustrator experience preferred
- Understanding of WordPress CMS
- Experience using a content scheduler like Hootsuite
- Enthusiastic team player
- Start date: March 1, 2021 (or sooner)
- End date: June 30, 2021 (option to extend or transition to full-time)
- 20 hours per week
- Available to attend and assist with events on occasion
- $15/hour, paid on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- Contractor is responsible for tracking and submitting their hours.
Email your resume to Associate Editor firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 19, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
The Black Wall Street Times is an equal opportunity employer.