TULSA, Okla. – Students, parents, teachers, staff, and community members are invited to a special event celebrating the opening of the school year at the recently renamed Wayman Tisdale Fine Arts Academy. The celebration will be held Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018 beginning at 5 p.m. at the school, located at 4132 W. Cameron St.
The name Wayman Tisdale Fine Arts Academy took effect in July 2018 and replaced the former name “Chouteau Elementary.” The event will include an unveiling of the new building signage, a ceremonial ribbon-cutting, and brief remarks from the school, district, and community leaders, as well as members of the Tisdale family. The event program is as follows:
· 5:00 p.m. Welcome and introduction of guests by Principal Elaine Buxton
· 5:05 p.m. Remarks by Superintendent Deborah A. Gist
· 5:07 p.m. Remarks by Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum
· 5:10 p.m. Remarks by Tisdale family members Regina Tisdale, Weldon Tisdale, and William Tisdale
· 5:20 p.m. Ribbon-cutting and sign unveiling by Tisdale students
· 5:30 p.m. Doors open for Meet the Teacher event
Following the ceremony, students and their families will have the opportunity to meet with teachers and staff as they prepare for the first day of school. Refreshments will be available and all students who attend will receive a free school t-shirt and school supplies donated by AEP/PSO. Wayman Tisdale Fine Arts Academy is located at 4132 W. Cameron St.